Home News Why We Scored 2023 General Election High – NBA

Why We Scored 2023 General Election High – NBA

195
0

Sunday August 27, 2023

The Nigeria Bar Association (NBA) has described the 2023 General Election as credible and acceptable.

The President, Nigeria Bar Association (NBA) Barr Yakubu Maikyau stated this recently while featuring on Channels Television programme recently.

Answering questions thrown at him by Channels TV anchor Terry Ikumi on why the NBA election observers gave the election and its conduct a clean bill of health while the EU observers wrote off the elections, Maikyau said the association has no reason to do otherwise.

He said, “NBA deployed 1,000 observers across the 36 states and 774 LGA plus FCT, while EU observers had just 50 observers some did not even leave their hotel rooms.”

“Out of the 1,000 NBA observers, 20% wrote “excellent” on their incident report forms while 62% wrote “good” on the same. Adding the percentage together gives 82% of good report and conduct of INEC.

He said that 18% of bad reports cannot override the 82% of excellent & good reports adding that, on that same incident report form, they were asked to indicate if they saw any EU observers whom they were monitoring, and 95% of NBA observers did not state that they met any EU observers.

Yakubu Maikyau asked the presenter to tell him which report should be credible – the 50-member EU observers that did not cover Nigeria or the 1,000 NBA observers that covered the whole of Nigeria and all local governments?

The President further said that the NBA is a credible and patriotic organisation that can stand by their reports which is more credible enough to stand any scrutiny.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here